January 8, 2011

My Pulpy New Year's Eve


Call me JM. I want to share with you my pulpy experience during the new year's eve.It was december 31 of 2010 when I am about to sleep from a graveyard shift doing my homebased job on the internet when I received a text message from my N73 phone.It was my cousin.He is asking me if I can accompany him to buy some gifts and fireworks for the new year's eve."what?"I can only answer to him.About 15 minutes he called me up and he is already outside my boarding house."what?"I answered again.I slept and I was not able to prepare myself.Oh,its new year's eve another year to live.Brian,my cousin is an IT student and he love christmas and  new year's celebration.I love those celebration but he is so excited celebrating and I know that he is happy.We drop by the store of fireworks first.Well,I helped him chose firecrackers and fireworks wisely.It was fun and its my first time to experienced that .The next stop-at the mall.We are done shopping from gifts to last buying gifts at around 7 in the evening.Its time to separate our ways because I am going to prepare myself to go home in  my hometown and to spent a new year's eve together with my parents and its 5 years I did not spent those yuletide seasons when I am in manila for a job and a misunderstanding with my father.

I bought some groceries and fireworks that Brian gave me as a reward for accompanying him.Not bad at all.I smiled. As I am approaching the door of our house It seems no one's inside and the door is locked.It made me feel sad.Sad that no one is around.

I am about to prepare a key to open the door when suddenly it open."Happy new year!"they shouted as they switched on the light.It was them.My father-and I looked at him- he is about to cry.Yes he cried.My mother,smiled and hugged me,and my little sister Floribel who sang a christmas song-even though I could not understand the lyrics."Thank you lord"I whispered, while embracing my mother.

I am happy that night and maybe it is god's plan.I believed.My mother and I cooked bihon and suman.It is my first time to bond my mother when it comes to cooking.We shared a lot of stories like my health,my girls, and my studies.She told me that I have to strive hard and pursue my studies no matter what obstacles I may encounter.I am a working student and I am doing this for them.I am doing this to help them out from poverty.To help my little sister go to school and to gave my parents a comfortable house when they get old.I know that my mother will be okay.She will be okay after she get cured from a cyst that lets her suffer until now.I loved them very much.I loved those memories.My pulpy memories with my family at new year's eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is in your mind?Your comment is greatly appreciated

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...